slot import command - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on slot import command - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anyone know how to use the slot import command using a Sony AIT-1 TSL-A300C 4 slot autoloader with Backup Exec 7.3 rev 2371 on NT4? If anyone out there also knows where the instructions are located I would be ...

  1. slot import command

    Does anyone know how to use the slot import command using a Sony AIT-1
    TSL-A300C 4 slot autoloader with Backup Exec 7.3 rev 2371 on NT4? If anyone
    out there also knows where the instructions are located I would be very
    pleased to know as I can't find them in the manual or the tech support site.

    Many thanks in advance for any advice.

    Christine Lapping - Operations Team Leader (and very fed up backup operator)

  2. Re: slot import command

    "Christine Lapping" wrote:
    >Does anyone know how to use the slot import command using a Sony AIT-1
    >TSL-A300C 4 slot autoloader with Backup Exec 7.3 rev 2371 on NT4? If anyone
    >out there also knows where the instructions are located I would be very
    >pleased to know as I can't find them in the manual or the tech support site.
    >
    >Many thanks in advance for any advice.
    >
    >Christine Lapping - Operations Team Leader (and very fed up backup operator)

    I am assuming you have an auxiliary tape input/output port on your autochanger.
    Click Devices.
    Click on slots.
    Locate a slot position you want put a certain tape.
    Right click on that slot, pull down to import and your autoloader
    should open up and take the tape to the selected slot.

    If you don't have an input port (Qualstar 4480 does), put the
    new tape in the slot manually and then right click and inventory the slot
    and BE should update the entry. Sometimes you have to stop/start BE in 7.3
    to get the changes to show in the slot list.

    The manufactures have different hardware implementations of the
    controls so Veritas doesn't seem to get into details on how
    to do some of the device commands.

    I would also upgrade to build 2575 for 7.3.

+ Reply to Thread