MS Exchange Backup with Veritas BackupExec 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on MS Exchange Backup with Veritas BackupExec 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; My scenario is as follows: There are 3 Windows 2000 SP1 child domains namely DomA, DomB and DomC. Each domain has a Exchange 2000 server. The HP autoloader is attached to a server in DomB. Backup of the Exchange server ...

  1. MS Exchange Backup with Veritas BackupExec 8.5

    My scenario is as follows:

    There are 3 Windows 2000 SP1 child domains namely DomA, DomB and DomC. Each
    domain has a Exchange 2000 server. The HP autoloader is attached to a server
    in DomB. Backup of the Exchange server in DomB is OK but through the Backup
    Exec admin program, we are unable to view the Information Store item for
    the respective Exchange servers in DomA and DomC. Only the Mailboxes item
    is visible. The keys being used are Exchange 2000 ones and there are no Exchange
    5.5 servers in the environment. The Windows 2000 environment is running in
    native mode. Only the remote agent is installed on the Exchange server in
    DomB and the Exchange agent + the Exchange Systems Manager program is installed
    on the server running Backup Exec Manager.

    Is it possible to backup Exchange servers located in another domain from
    a Backup Exec installation in yet another domain ?

    BackupExec version being used is 8.5

  2. Re: MS Exchange Backup with Veritas BackupExec 8.5

    2 more licences for exchange
    "Sanjay Abdullah" wrote in message

    > My scenario is as follows:
    >
    > There are 3 Windows 2000 SP1 child domains namely DomA, DomB and DomC.

    Each
    > domain has a Exchange 2000 server. The HP autoloader is attached to a

    server
    > in DomB. Backup of the Exchange server in DomB is OK but through the

    Backup
    > Exec admin program, we are unable to view the Information Store item for
    > the respective Exchange servers in DomA and DomC. Only the Mailboxes item
    > is visible. The keys being used are Exchange 2000 ones and there are no

    Exchange
    > 5.5 servers in the environment. The Windows 2000 environment is running in
    > native mode. Only the remote agent is installed on the Exchange server in
    > DomB and the Exchange agent + the Exchange Systems Manager program is

    installed
    > on the server running Backup Exec Manager.
    >
    > Is it possible to backup Exchange servers located in another domain from
    > a Backup Exec installation in yet another domain ?
    >
    > BackupExec version being used is 8.5

  3. Re: MS Exchange Backup with Veritas BackupExec 8.5

    You need three copies of the Exchange Agent and two copies of Remote Agent.

    Is this what you have?

    > My scenario is as follows:
    >
    > There are 3 Windows 2000 SP1 child domains namely DomA, DomB and DomC.

    Each
    > domain has a Exchange 2000 server. The HP autoloader is attached to a

    server
    > in DomB. Backup of the Exchange server in DomB is OK but through the

    Backup
    > Exec admin program, we are unable to view the Information Store item for
    > the respective Exchange servers in DomA and DomC. Only the Mailboxes item
    > is visible. The keys being used are Exchange 2000 ones and there are no

    Exchange
    > 5.5 servers in the environment. The Windows 2000 environment is running in
    > native mode. Only the remote agent is installed on the Exchange server in
    > DomB and the Exchange agent + the Exchange Systems Manager program is

    installed
    > on the server running Backup Exec Manager.
    >
    > Is it possible to backup Exchange servers located in another domain from
    > a Backup Exec installation in yet another domain ?
    >
    > BackupExec version being used is 8.5

  4. Re: MS Exchange Backup with Veritas BackupExec 8.5

    We have now 3 licenses for Exchange agent on the BE server in DomB but the
    result is the same.

    Any other ideas ? Thanks.

    "B Schultz" wrote:
    >2 more licences for exchange
    >"Sanjay Abdullah" wrote in message
    >>
    >> My scenario is as follows:
    >>
    >> There are 3 Windows 2000 SP1 child domains namely DomA, DomB and DomC.

    >Each
    >> domain has a Exchange 2000 server. The HP autoloader is attached to a

    >server
    >> in DomB. Backup of the Exchange server in DomB is OK but through the

    >Backup
    >> Exec admin program, we are unable to view the Information Store item for
    >> the respective Exchange servers in DomA and DomC. Only the Mailboxes item
    >> is visible. The keys being used are Exchange 2000 ones and there are no

    >Exchange
    >> 5.5 servers in the environment. The Windows 2000 environment is running

    in
    >> native mode. Only the remote agent is installed on the Exchange server

    in
    >> DomB and the Exchange agent + the Exchange Systems Manager program is

    >installed
    >> on the server running Backup Exec Manager.
    >>
    >> Is it possible to backup Exchange servers located in another domain from
    >> a Backup Exec installation in yet another domain ?
    >>
    >> BackupExec version being used is 8.5

+ Reply to Thread