Error restoring a SQL database - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error restoring a SQL database - Veritas Backup Exec ; Anyone has seen this error message? It's driving me crazy... it appears randomly and I don't know what to do... Backup Server: BENT 8.5 (3571) on Winnt 4 Sp6a SQL Server : SQL 7 sp1 on Win2k Adv. Srvr with ...

  1. Error restoring a SQL database

    Anyone has seen this error message?
    It's driving me crazy... it appears randomly and I don't know what to do...

    Backup Server: BENT 8.5 (3571) on Winnt 4 Sp6a
    SQL Server : SQL 7 sp1 on Win2k Adv. Srvr with B.E. Remote Agent

    Thx.
    ===============

    An error occurred on a query to database TimeBat.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    SQL Server returned the following error message:

    An unsupported restore of a SQL Server v6x database to a later version of
    SQL Server may have been attempted.

    Please verify and if necessary, resubmit the appropriate restore operation.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Restore completed on 7/3/01 at 10:20:06 PM.
    1 item was skipped.

    ====================
    Obviously I'm not restoring a SQL 6.x DB onto a SQL 7 srvr....

  2. Re: Error restoring a SQL database

    Any word on how to fix this? I have the same problem.

    "Ricardo Pistarino" wrote:
    >Anyone has seen this error message?
    >It's driving me crazy... it appears randomly and I don't know what to do...
    >
    >Backup Server: BENT 8.5 (3571) on Winnt 4 Sp6a
    >SQL Server : SQL 7 sp1 on Win2k Adv. Srvr with B.E. Remote Agent
    >
    >Thx.
    >===============
    >
    >An error occurred on a query to database TimeBat.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >SQL Server returned the following error message:
    >
    >An unsupported restore of a SQL Server v6x database to a later version of
    >SQL Server may have been attempted.
    >
    >Please verify and if necessary, resubmit the appropriate restore operation.
    >

    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    >Restore completed on 7/3/01 at 10:20:06 PM.
    >1 item was skipped.

    >Obviously I'm not restoring a SQL 6.x DB onto a SQL 7 srvr....

+ Reply to Thread