Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start - Veritas Backup Exec ; This problem started out of the blue. Nothing new has been installed. When I checked the status of the workstation service, I found that it was not started. That problem was corrected by using a registry fix, however the error ...

  1. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

    This problem started out of the blue. Nothing new has been installed. When
    I checked the status of the workstation service, I found that it was not
    started. That problem was corrected by using a registry fix, however the
    error 1068 continues. Anyone have ideas? I'm using NT4 SP4. Thanks to all.
    William

  2. Re: Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

    If you get error that the service did not start cos of a dependency then it
    is another service that this one depends on that has not been started, Try
    each service one at the time until you get a proper error message, make sure
    that the RPC-, workstaiton- and server services are all started.

    Mike

    William wrote in message

    > This problem started out of the blue. Nothing new has been installed.

    When
    > I checked the status of the workstation service, I found that it was not
    > started. That problem was corrected by using a registry fix, however the
    > error 1068 continues. Anyone have ideas? I'm using NT4 SP4. Thanks to

    all.
    > William

+ Reply to Thread