7.3+Screen Saver=SLOW - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on 7.3+Screen Saver=SLOW - Veritas Backup Exec ; We recently tripled our nightly backups times. Turns out, the 3D screen saver on Windows NT 4.0 really chews on the servers resources. We now run a standard logon screen saver and all is well again. If you have slowness, ...

  1. 7.3+Screen Saver=SLOW

    We recently tripled our nightly backups times. Turns out, the 3D screen saver
    on Windows NT 4.0 really chews on the servers resources. We now run a standard
    logon screen saver and all is well again. If you have slowness, you might
    want to check this out.

    Thanks

    Mark

  2. Re: 7.3+Screen Saver=SLOW

    Yah, A known problem with OGL screen savers running on non-OGL video cards. Not
    just backups, but ANYTHING that tried to run while the screen saver was active

    What was anything aside from the loggon screen saver doing running on a server in
    the first place?

    Mark Winning wrote:

    > We recently tripled our nightly backups times. Turns out, the 3D screen saver
    > on Windows NT 4.0 really chews on the servers resources. We now run a standard
    > logon screen saver and all is well again. If you have slowness, you might
    > want to check this out.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mark

+ Reply to Thread