App for viewing tape contents - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on App for viewing tape contents - Veritas Backup Exec ; I was wondering if there is a utility in Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 for viewing the contents of a specific tape. Or if there is something else out there I could use. I have a mislabeled tape that needs checking ...

  1. App for viewing tape contents

    I was wondering if there is a utility in Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 for viewing
    the contents of a specific tape. Or if there is something else out there I
    could use. I have a mislabeled tape that needs checking out before
    overwriting it.

    Thanks

  2. Re: App for viewing tape contents

    inventory the tape, then catalog it.

    Then from the Restore Selections pane, right click and select "media View" and
    browse to the tape you just cataloged.

    J Clayton wrote:

    > I was wondering if there is a utility in Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 for viewing
    > the contents of a specific tape. Or if there is something else out there I
    > could use. I have a mislabeled tape that needs checking out before
    > overwriting it.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread