Can someone Help!!!!! Unable to Acquire Device or Media - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can someone Help!!!!! Unable to Acquire Device or Media - Veritas Backup Exec ; NT Server 6a running BENT 8.0 rev 33.11 server edt, Exchange agent. accelerator agent. I have started receiving an error from the BENT sever. 'Unable to Acquire Device or Media' from this you'd think it was a hard ware issue ...

  1. Can someone Help!!!!! Unable to Acquire Device or Media

    NT Server 6a running BENT 8.0 rev 33.11 server edt, Exchange agent. accelerator
    agent.
    I have started receiving an error from the BENT sever.
    'Unable to Acquire Device or Media' from this you'd think it was a hard ware
    issue but the system still works..Typically The
    sysem will work 2 days out of the week. I tried to trouble shoot this but
    this but all hardware and software seems fine...
    confused from London..

  2. Re: Can someone Help!!!!! Unable to Acquire Device or Media

    That odd Marco as I'm getting a Similar problem as that,
    I get the same error in the log 'Unable to Acquire Device or Media' but mine
    works fine every other day?

    NT 6a,Exchange agent BE-NT 8.0 rev 33.11

    help us !
    Joe

  3. Re: Can someone Help!!!!! Unable to Acquire Device or Media

    I am runninginto problems as well.
    Have an NT server running service pack 6a that has recently started to produce
    failed backups. The error 'Unable to Acquire Device or Media' is given in
    the log.
    However the problem does not happen everyday.
    Does anybody know the reason for this?

    Oz.

+ Reply to Thread