Can't backup my Snap Server. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can't backup my Snap Server. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have 2 Snap 20 GB servers. Snap2 is mirrors show it is about 9 GB. Snap 1 is not mirrored, it is about 19 GB. I have upgraded the Snap OS to version 3. I am able to backup ...

  1. Can't backup my Snap Server.

    I have 2 Snap 20 GB servers. Snap2 is mirrors show it is about 9 GB. Snap
    1 is not mirrored, it is about 19 GB.

    I have upgraded the Snap OS to version 3. I am able to backup the 9 GB Snap
    server, but when I attempt to check mark the 19 GB Snap server, BENT locks
    up (taskmanager states the program is not responding). I have shutdown the
    backup server and also rebooted the Snap server.

    Any suggestions??

    Running BENT 8.50 Rev 3572 on a Windows 2000 Server SP1.

    Thank you in advance,

    TR

  2. Re: Can't backup my Snap Server.

    "Timothy Ross" wrote:
    >I have 2 Snap 20 GB servers. Snap2 is mirrors show it is about 9 GB. Snap
    >1 is not mirrored, it is about 19 GB.
    >
    >I have upgraded the Snap OS to version 3. I am able to backup the 9 GB

    Snap
    >server, but when I attempt to check mark the 19 GB Snap server, BENT locks
    >up (taskmanager states the program is not responding). I have shutdown

    the
    >backup server and also rebooted the Snap server.
    >
    >Any suggestions??
    >
    >Running BENT 8.50 Rev 3572 on a Windows 2000 Server SP1.
    >
    >Thank you in advance,
    >
    >TR

    Hi,

    have you resolve your backup broblem with BENT and Snap server ?

    I have the same problem with a Dell PowerVault701N (80GO). This server is
    identical with Snap 2000 server.

    I try to backup my dell powervault with BENT4 8 (3314) server edition
    BE NT display the message : "Cannot acces the server : \\nameserver\nameshare
    permission denied"
    Users have all permission to the share "nameshare" !!

    thanks for your help

    Jalil
    France

  3. Re: Can't backup my Snap Server.

    If you have connected to the snap server from the same machine you use to do
    the backups (ie: exploring) then you won't be able to connect to it using
    the backup software unless ALL ducks are in a row. Simple solution, don't
    connect to the snap from the backup server and if you have, restart the snap
    before you back it up.

    Randy

    "Jalil Ait-abbou" wrote in message

    > "Timothy Ross" wrote:
    > >I have 2 Snap 20 GB servers. Snap2 is mirrors show it is about 9 GB.

    Snap
    > >1 is not mirrored, it is about 19 GB.
    > >
    > >I have upgraded the Snap OS to version 3. I am able to backup the 9 GB

    > Snap
    > >server, but when I attempt to check mark the 19 GB Snap server, BENT

    locks
    > >up (taskmanager states the program is not responding). I have shutdown

    > the
    > >backup server and also rebooted the Snap server.
    > >
    > >Any suggestions??
    > >
    > >Running BENT 8.50 Rev 3572 on a Windows 2000 Server SP1.
    > >
    > >Thank you in advance,
    > >
    > >TR
    > >

    > Hi,
    >
    > have you resolve your backup broblem with BENT and Snap server ?
    >
    > I have the same problem with a Dell PowerVault701N (80GO). This server is
    > identical with Snap 2000 server.
    >
    > I try to backup my dell powervault with BENT4 8 (3314) server edition
    > BE NT display the message : "Cannot acces the server :

    \\nameserver\nameshare
    > permission denied"
    > Users have all permission to the share "nameshare" !!
    >

    > thanks for your help
    >
    > Jalil
    > France

+ Reply to Thread