Agent Install 8.5 on 2K - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Agent Install 8.5 on 2K - Veritas Backup Exec ; Just installed 8.5 on windows 2000 SP1. Trying to install the remote agent to another box Windows 2000 SP1. The 2000 installation on the remote box is not installed into the C: drive. I could not get the agent to ...

  1. Agent Install 8.5 on 2K

    Just installed 8.5 on windows 2000 SP1. Trying to install the remote
    agent to another box Windows 2000 SP1. The 2000 installation on the
    remote box is not installed into the C: drive. I could not get the
    agent to recognize the remote administrator user and password. The
    remote equivalent c: drive is F:. So i created a C$ share on the F:
    drive. The agent install then recognized the admin user and password
    properly, began installation but, locks up at "installing backup exec
    remote agent for windows NT/2000 on "server". Is there a procedure for
    installing remote agent on a server that isn't installed into the c:
    drive? How can i get this to work?

    Thanks

    SS

  2. Re: Agent Install 8.5 on 2K

    Install the agent locally.
    On the BE cdrom in
    :\WINNT\BE\INSTALL\ENG\I386\NTAA\SETUPAA.CMD just run file locally on
    target server and agent will install and service should start if it doesn't
    manually start service or reboot.

    Lawrence

    "SS" wrote in message
    > Just installed 8.5 on windows 2000 SP1. Trying to install the remote
    > agent to another box Windows 2000 SP1. The 2000 installation on the
    > remote box is not installed into the C: drive. I could not get the
    > agent to recognize the remote administrator user and password. The
    > remote equivalent c: drive is F:. So i created a C$ share on the F:
    > drive. The agent install then recognized the admin user and password
    > properly, began installation but, locks up at "installing backup exec
    > remote agent for windows NT/2000 on "server". Is there a procedure for
    > installing remote agent on a server that isn't installed into the c:
    > drive? How can i get this to work?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > SS

+ Reply to Thread