BENT v7.0 not backing up Win2K Workstation shares - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT v7.0 not backing up Win2K Workstation shares - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Is anyone else running BENT 7.0 (Build rev 719) Quickstart edition on NT4 SP5? I've just begun deploying Win2K workstations after previously buying only Win9x machines (Me isn't an option as far as I'm concerned). I don't normally have ...

  1. BENT v7.0 not backing up Win2K Workstation shares

    Hi,

    Is anyone else running BENT 7.0 (Build rev 719) Quickstart edition on NT4
    SP5? I've just begun deploying Win2K workstations after previously buying
    only Win9x machines (Me isn't an option as far as I'm concerned). I don't
    normally have any problems backing up the shared folders on each
    workstation. With Win2k WS I'm gettying "Access denied" errors and the
    backup runs fail, I have no problem attaching to the computer in Explorer,
    likewise I can select the shares for backing up in the BENT GUI.

    Anyone else managed to resolve this without upgrading BENT to a later
    version?

    Jason.

  2. Re: BENT v7.0 not backing up Win2K Workstation shares

    You need to be on a minimum of v8.0 to support Win2K machines

    "Jason McCarthyPOP_Server=pop.freeuk.net" wrote in
    message news:3b384ec2@hronntp01....
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is anyone else running BENT 7.0 (Build rev 719) Quickstart edition on NT4
    > SP5? I've just begun deploying Win2K workstations after previously buying
    > only Win9x machines (Me isn't an option as far as I'm concerned). I don't
    > normally have any problems backing up the shared folders on each
    > workstation. With Win2k WS I'm gettying "Access denied" errors and the
    > backup runs fail, I have no problem attaching to the computer in Explorer,
    > likewise I can select the shares for backing up in the BENT GUI.
    >
    > Anyone else managed to resolve this without upgrading BENT to a later
    > version?
    >
    > Jason.

+ Reply to Thread