Netware option not installing correctly - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Netware option not installing correctly - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello: We've got BE 8.5 for NT and a 5.X netware server. When we install the Netware option the book says we are supposed to see a list of available Netware servers. We are supposed to choose a Netware server ...

  1. Netware option not installing correctly

    Hello:

    We've got BE 8.5 for NT and a 5.X netware server. When we install the
    Netware option the book says we are supposed to see a list of available
    Netware servers. We are supposed to choose a Netware server to install the
    BE Netware components onto. We never see this list and never get to choose
    a Netware server.

    How can we get the list to appear during the install OR where on the
    distribution CD can we find the files that are copied over to the Netware
    server.

    Both the NT and Netware servers are running TCP/IP and IPX. We can see the
    Netware server from Network Neighborhood although it takes a very long time
    to pull up the list of Netware shares.

    Thanks for any ideas.

  2. Re: Netware option not installing correctly

    It's been quite a long time since I've installed the agents to a NetWare box,
    but from memory, if the server you want does not appear in the list of
    discovered servers there was an option to manually enter the server name.

    bill dunn wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > We've got BE 8.5 for NT and a 5.X netware server. When we install the
    > Netware option the book says we are supposed to see a list of available
    > Netware servers. We are supposed to choose a Netware server to install the
    > BE Netware components onto. We never see this list and never get to choose
    > a Netware server.
    >
    > How can we get the list to appear during the install OR where on the
    > distribution CD can we find the files that are copied over to the Netware
    > server.
    >
    > Both the NT and Netware servers are running TCP/IP and IPX. We can see the
    > Netware server from Network Neighborhood although it takes a very long time
    > to pull up the list of Netware shares.
    >
    > Thanks for any ideas.

  3. Re: Netware option not installing correctly

    Ian Frisk wrote:
    >It's been quite a long time since I've installed the agents to a NetWare

    box,
    >but from memory, if the server you want does not appear in the list of
    >discovered servers there was an option to manually enter the server name.
    >
    >bill dunn wrote:
    >
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> We've got BE 8.5 for NT and a 5.X netware server. When we install the
    >> Netware option the book says we are supposed to see a list of available
    >> Netware servers. We are supposed to choose a Netware server to install

    the
    >> BE Netware components onto. We never see this list and never get to choose
    >> a Netware server.
    >>
    >> How can we get the list to appear during the install OR where on the
    >> distribution CD can we find the files that are copied over to the Netware
    >> server.
    >>
    >> Both the NT and Netware servers are running TCP/IP and IPX. We can see

    the
    >> Netware server from Network Neighborhood although it takes a very long

    time
    >> to pull up the list of Netware shares.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any ideas.

    Do you have manual 802.3 frame type selected for IPX. This is
    ensures Novell connectivity.

+ Reply to Thread