Backup nears completion, but is marked Failed. No other reasons..... - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup nears completion, but is marked Failed. No other reasons..... - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a scheduled back up that starts at 2am. I am backing up nearly 4.3gig. 50 minutes into the backup and nearly complete, the job is marked failed. No other reasons are listed, just failed. I am on Version ...

  1. Backup nears completion, but is marked Failed. No other reasons.....

    I have a scheduled back up that starts at 2am. I am backing up nearly 4.3gig.
    50 minutes into the backup and nearly complete, the job is marked failed.
    No other reasons are listed, just failed. I am on Version 8.0 running on
    2000, backing up Exchange 5.5. This worked flawlessly for 6 months. I have
    replaced tape drives, Compaq 20/40 on two occassions to no avail. Replaced
    tapes etc. The tape drive and tapes pass all Compaq TSMC diags. Any help
    would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: Backup nears completion, but is marked Failed. No other reasons.....

    Post a sample log. We may see something that your are missing

    Bill Cartwright wrote in message

    > I have a scheduled back up that starts at 2am. I am backing up nearly

    4.3gig.
    > 50 minutes into the backup and nearly complete, the job is marked failed.
    > No other reasons are listed, just failed. I am on Version 8.0 running on
    > 2000, backing up Exchange 5.5. This worked flawlessly for 6 months. I have
    > replaced tape drives, Compaq 20/40 on two occassions to no avail. Replaced
    > tapes etc. The tape drive and tapes pass all Compaq TSMC diags. Any help
    > would be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread