quick setup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on quick setup - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running win2000 server and I want to setup my backupexec for nt/2000 to do the following. On Monday-Thursday to do a backup on files that have changed only. Then on Friday I want to do a complete backup ...

  1. quick setup

    I am running win2000 server and I want to setup my backupexec for nt/2000 to
    do the following.

    On Monday-Thursday to do a backup on files that have changed only. Then on
    Friday I want to do a complete backup of the files. What will be the best
    way to do this. And can I label the tapes monday thru friday on the backup
    software?

    Thanks

    Alan

  2. Re: quick setup

    You'll need to create two jobs

    Incremental (or differential)
    Full

    You can write each job to the same media set, or create two media sets, if you
    want to retain the weeklies longer than the dailies

    Yes, you can label the tapes Monday Tuesday etc.

    Alan Sudweeks wrote:

    > I am running win2000 server and I want to setup my backupexec for nt/2000 to
    > do the following.
    >
    > On Monday-Thursday to do a backup on files that have changed only. Then on
    > Friday I want to do a complete backup of the files. What will be the best
    > way to do this. And can I label the tapes monday thru friday on the backup
    > software?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Alan

  3. Re: quick setup

    thanks Ken

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > You'll need to create two jobs
    >
    > Incremental (or differential)
    > Full
    >
    > You can write each job to the same media set, or create two media sets, if

    you
    > want to retain the weeklies longer than the dailies
    >
    > Yes, you can label the tapes Monday Tuesday etc.
    >
    > Alan Sudweeks wrote:
    >
    > > I am running win2000 server and I want to setup my backupexec for

    nt/2000 to
    > > do the following.
    > >
    > > On Monday-Thursday to do a backup on files that have changed only. Then

    on
    > > Friday I want to do a complete backup of the files. What will be the

    best
    > > way to do this. And can I label the tapes monday thru friday on the

    backup
    > > software?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Alan