Win2K Srv SP2 Slipstream CD and IDR don't work - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Win2K Srv SP2 Slipstream CD and IDR don't work - Veritas Backup Exec ; Software: BE 8.6, Win2K Server, IDR option CD: Bootable slipstream Win2K Server SP 2 When trying to make a bootable IDR CD with the above CD, BE 8.6 fails. Says something about key mismatch or invalid source. It does work ...

  1. Win2K Srv SP2 Slipstream CD and IDR don't work

    Software: BE 8.6, Win2K Server, IDR option
    CD: Bootable slipstream Win2K Server SP 2

    When trying to make a bootable IDR CD with the above CD, BE 8.6 fails. Says
    something about key mismatch or invalid source.

    It does work with a plain Win2K Server GOLD (no service pack). But I really
    don't want to build a bootable IDR CD with no service pack.

    Will Veritas make provisions for building IDR CDs with bootable slipstream
    source CDs? I sure hope so.

  2. Re: Win2K Srv SP2 Slipstream CD and IDR don't work

    Copy the txtsetup.sif file from the slipstreamed CD to the first IDR floppy.
    This worked for us.

    Martin

    "Dirk" wrote:

    >Software: BE 8.6, Win2K Server, IDR option
    >CD: Bootable slipstream Win2K Server SP 2
    >
    >When trying to make a bootable IDR CD with the above CD, BE 8.6 fails. Says
    >something about key mismatch or invalid source.
    >
    >It does work with a plain Win2K Server GOLD (no service pack). But I really
    >don't want to build a bootable IDR CD with no service pack.
    >
    >Will Veritas make provisions for building IDR CDs with bootable slipstream
    >source CDs? I sure hope so.

+ Reply to Thread