How do you back up to a file? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How do you back up to a file? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anyone know how to configure v8.5 to backup to a file? We use external Hard drives instead of tape and I cant seem to figure out how to direct the exec to send the backup output to a W2K ...

  1. How do you back up to a file?

    Does anyone know how to configure v8.5 to backup to a file? We use external
    Hard drives instead of tape and I cant seem to figure out how to direct
    the exec to send the backup output to a W2K basic disk defined as "G"

  2. Re: How do you back up to a file?

    On 25 Jun 2001 10:27:42 -0400, "TJ"
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know how to configure v8.5 to backup to a file?

    its a hack aka unsupported, purchase a upgrade to 8.6

    >We use external Hard drives instead of tape and I cant seem to figure out how to direct
    >the exec to send the backup output to a W2K basic disk defined as "G"

    hdd is not for anything but temporage storage space, what happends if
    you drop the hdd on the floor , purchase a tape drive :-)

  3. Re: How do you back up to a file?

    Flemming Riis wrote:
    >On 25 Jun 2001 10:27:42 -0400, "TJ"
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know how to configure v8.5 to backup to a file?

    >its a hack aka unsupported, purchase a upgrade to 8.6
    >

    >>We use external Hard drives instead of tape and I cant seem to figure out

    how to direct

    >>the exec to send the backup output to a W2K basic disk defined as "G"

    >hdd is not for anything but temporage storage space, what happends if
    >you drop the hdd on the floor , purchase a tape drive :-)

    I appreciate your cander, but do you know the hack to put this in place?

+ Reply to Thread