Drive is not responding error using Remote Agent for Netware - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Drive is not responding error using Remote Agent for Netware - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have BE 8.5 installed on an NT server. I recently purchased and installed 2 Remote Agents for Novell Netware. The agent has also been installed on the Novell Servers. I have set up a backup set to run normal ...

  1. Drive is not responding error using Remote Agent for Netware

    I have BE 8.5 installed on an NT server. I recently purchased and installed
    2 Remote Agents for Novell Netware. The agent has also been installed on
    the Novell Servers.

    I have set up a backup set to run normal backups Mon-Fri. This set includes
    not only the NT servers, but both Novell servers as well.

    However, I keep getting "Drive not responding - Backup set aborted" message
    whenever BE attempts to backup either of the Novell Servers. BUT, if I run
    a one-time backup of either Novell Server individually, it runs fine. I
    installed the Gateway Service for Novell on the NT Server.

    Any ideas, anyone??

  2. Re: Drive is not responding error using Remote Agent for Netware

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/236368.htm

    Mike McCreary wrote:

    > I have BE 8.5 installed on an NT server. I recently purchased and installed
    > 2 Remote Agents for Novell Netware. The agent has also been installed on
    > the Novell Servers.
    >
    > I have set up a backup set to run normal backups Mon-Fri. This set includes
    > not only the NT servers, but both Novell servers as well.
    >
    > However, I keep getting "Drive not responding - Backup set aborted" message
    > whenever BE attempts to backup either of the Novell Servers. BUT, if I run
    > a one-time backup of either Novell Server individually, it runs fine. I
    > installed the Gateway Service for Novell on the NT Server.
    >
    > Any ideas, anyone??

+ Reply to Thread