The database specified does not exist - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on The database specified does not exist - Veritas Backup Exec ; I deinstalled SQL server. After this the backup exec services did not start anymore. So I deinstalled BackupExec (v8.5) cleaned the registry, removed the still existing files and directories, rebooted the server. The same problem still exist. I tried it ...

  1. The database specified does not exist

    I deinstalled SQL server.
    After this the backup exec services did not start anymore.
    So I deinstalled BackupExec (v8.5) cleaned the registry, removed the still
    existing files and directories, rebooted the server.

    The same problem still exist. I tried it serveral times without succes.
    The eventlog shows the error "The The Backup Exec 8.x Device & Media Service
    service terminated with the following error:
    The database specified does not exist."
    Veritas is not responding to my request for help. So is there someone who
    can help me ?

    Thanks in advance

    Huub Reemers

  2. Re: The database specified does not exist

    On 25 Jun 2001 06:13:09 -0400, "Huub Reemers"
    wrote:

    >I deinstalled SQL server.
    >After this the backup exec services did not start anymore.
    >So I deinstalled BackupExec (v8.5) cleaned the registry, removed the still
    >existing files and directories, rebooted the server.

    MDAC2.6 and JET4.0SP3 from www.microsoft.com/data usually does the
    trick.

    Note this is unsupported in a SQL6.5/7 cluster env.

+ Reply to Thread