Red Cross Error??? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Red Cross Error??? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I am trying to restore some files from a tape, but when I try to access the folder that I wish to restore from on the tape, the catalogue shows a cross through the folder and half of the ...

  1. Red Cross Error???

    Hello,

    I am trying to restore some files from a tape, but when I try to access the
    folder that I wish to restore from on the tape, the catalogue shows a cross
    through the folder and half of the files are missing? What does this mean?
    Does this mean the tape didn't backup? It doesn't show up this error in the
    log files, and I desperately need some help.

    Regards Tim
    Eltham Hill Technology College for Girls

  2. Re: Red Cross Error???

    Recatalog the tape in question. Sounds like the tape's been partially overwritten.
    What rotation scheme is in place?

    "Tim Emmerson" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am trying to restore some files from a tape, but when I try to access

    the
    >folder that I wish to restore from on the tape, the catalogue shows a cross
    >through the folder and half of the files are missing? What does this mean?
    >Does this mean the tape didn't backup? It doesn't show up this error in

    the
    >log files, and I desperately need some help.
    >
    >Regards Tim
    >Eltham Hill Technology College for Girls

+ Reply to Thread