Tape Error in German - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Tape Error in German - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello all, My customer has a Seagate Travan Tape drive under WinNT 4.0 with BackupExec 8.0 Rev. 3315. German Version. The Problem is that after changing the tape drive and alle the Cartridges he still gets the following errror Message ...

  1. Tape Error in German

    Hello all,

    My customer has a Seagate Travan Tape drive under WinNT 4.0 with BackupExec
    8.0 Rev. 3315. German Version.

    The Problem is that after changing the tape drive and alle the Cartridges
    he still gets the following errror Message in 80%:

    Fehler: Lesen von Daten vom Medium
    Fehler: Ein Bandzugriff hat eine Dateimarke erreicht.

    Translation:
    Error: Read of data from Medium
    Error: a Tapeaccess has reached a filemark.

    Any help? Or has someone seen that error?
    As I told the Hardware and alle Tapes are replaced/new but we still get the
    same error.

    Thanks for any help
    Walter

  2. Re: Tape Error in German

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/231113.htm

    Walter Egli wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > My customer has a Seagate Travan Tape drive under WinNT 4.0 with BackupExec
    > 8.0 Rev. 3315. German Version.
    >
    > The Problem is that after changing the tape drive and alle the Cartridges
    > he still gets the following errror Message in 80%:
    >
    > Fehler: Lesen von Daten vom Medium
    > Fehler: Ein Bandzugriff hat eine Dateimarke erreicht.
    >
    > Translation:
    > Error: Read of data from Medium
    > Error: a Tapeaccess has reached a filemark.
    >
    > Any help? Or has someone seen that error?
    > As I told the Hardware and alle Tapes are replaced/new but we still get the
    > same error.
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    > Walter

+ Reply to Thread