Req: Help with MS cluster server & Bex 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Req: Help with MS cluster server & Bex 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I installed Bex 8.5 on a two node cluster . When using trial licenses all was ok now that I have installed the supplied licenses the option to backup any servers is greyed out. Anyone got any ideas Regards ...

  1. Req: Help with MS cluster server & Bex 8.5

    Hi, I installed Bex 8.5 on a two node cluster . When using trial licenses
    all was ok now that I have installed the supplied licenses the option to
    backup any servers is greyed out. Anyone got any ideas Regards Andy

  2. Re: Help with MS cluster server & Bex 8.5

    You need to have installed Backup Exec Remote Agent License numbers

    "Andy" wrote in message news:3b35cff2@hronntp01....
    > Hi, I installed Bex 8.5 on a two node cluster . When using trial licenses
    > all was ok now that I have installed the supplied licenses the option to
    > backup any servers is greyed out. Anyone got any ideas Regards Andy

  3. Re: Req: Help with MS cluster server & Bex 8.5

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/231446.htm for Veritas step-by-step
    instructions on installing BENT as cluster aware.

    As Jason said, you will need a serial for each node in the cluster

    Andy wrote:

    > Hi, I installed Bex 8.5 on a two node cluster . When using trial licenses
    > all was ok now that I have installed the supplied licenses the option to
    > backup any servers is greyed out. Anyone got any ideas Regards Andy

  4. Re: Req: Help with MS cluster server & Bex 8.5

    "Andy" wrote:
    >Hi, I installed Bex 8.5 on a two node cluster . When using trial licenses
    >all was ok now that I have installed the supplied licenses the option to
    >backup any servers is greyed out. Anyone got any ideas Regards Andy

    Andy.

    This caught me out also. Because of the way that BENT works when it's cluster
    aware, you will need to add accelerator agents to each server also. Because
    BENT runs in a virtual server with no resources of it's own; it effectively
    needs to backup the rest of the cluster through the other virtual servers
    (which BENT sees as different machines, which need the accelerator to access).

+ Reply to Thread