Multi-server backup using BEv8.5 on W2K server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Multi-server backup using BEv8.5 on W2K server - Veritas Backup Exec ; I can select files and folders on the local server for backup, but when I try to open the tree to another server (another domain controller) I cannot see any files or folders. It is my understanding that we purchased ...

  1. Multi-server backup using BEv8.5 on W2K server

    I can select files and folders on the local server for backup, but when I
    try to open the tree to another server (another domain controller) I cannot
    see any files or folders. It is my understanding that we purchased a version
    of the product that allows multi-server backup. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance.

    Tim

  2. Re: Multi-server backup using BEv8.5 on W2K server

    As of v8.0, you need to purchase and install a copy of the Remote Agent for each
    remote serverOS ,machine you want to back up.

    Workstation Pro machines don't require a purchased copu, b ut Pro machines do
    require a copy to make a disaster-recovery type restore

    Tim Hyatt wrote:

    > I can select files and folders on the local server for backup, but when I
    > try to open the tree to another server (another domain controller) I cannot
    > see any files or folders. It is my understanding that we purchased a version
    > of the product that allows multi-server backup. What am I doing wrong?
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Tim

+ Reply to Thread