Physical End of Tape - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Physical End of Tape - Veritas Backup Exec ; Any help with this one would be much appreciated. This only happens when the backup spans more than one tape. Running NT 4.5 Veritas Exec 7.3 4MM Tape BU Gettng an error message: Storage device "SEAGATE 0" reported an error ...

  1. Physical End of Tape

    Any help with this one would be much appreciated.

    This only happens when the backup spans more than one tape.

    Running NT 4.5
    Veritas Exec 7.3
    4MM Tape BU

    Gettng an error message:
    Storage device "SEAGATE 0" reported an error on a request to write data to
    media.

    Error reported:
    Physical end of tape encountered.

  2. Re: Physical End of Tape

    what build of 7.3?

    some of the earlier ones had a problem spanning tapes

    I'd STRONGLY suggest that you grab the free upgrade to v7.3 2575. As far as
    I'm concerned all v7.2 builds and the early v7.3 builds were all BETA code and
    still full of bugs.

    BNT73I03 (English/Intel)
    POST2575 (See the readme to determine if any apply)
    SPANFIX
    MEDIAFIX_234341 (You want to get to 2575 just for this one, believe me)

    rick w wrote:

    > Any help with this one would be much appreciated.
    >
    > This only happens when the backup spans more than one tape.
    >
    > Running NT 4.5
    > Veritas Exec 7.3
    > 4MM Tape BU
    >
    > Gettng an error message:
    > Storage device "SEAGATE 0" reported an error on a request to write data to
    > media.
    >
    > Error reported:
    > Physical end of tape encountered.

  3. Re: Physical End of Tape

    Thanks Ken,

    I will have to look and will upgrade if necessary. This is frustrating as
    it is not happening with all back ups.

    The tape drive is new but could be involved.

    rick

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >what build of 7.3?
    >
    >some of the earlier ones had a problem spanning tapes
    >
    >I'd STRONGLY suggest that you grab the free upgrade to v7.3 2575. As far

    as
    >I'm concerned all v7.2 builds and the early v7.3 builds were all BETA code

    and
    >still full of bugs.
    >
    >BNT73I03 (English/Intel)
    >POST2575 (See the readme to determine if any apply)
    >SPANFIX
    >MEDIAFIX_234341 (You want to get to 2575 just for this one, believe me)
    >

    >rick w wrote:
    >
    >> Any help with this one would be much appreciated.
    >>
    >> This only happens when the backup spans more than one tape.
    >>
    >> Running NT 4.5
    >> Veritas Exec 7.3
    >> 4MM Tape BU
    >>
    >> Gettng an error message:
    >> Storage device "SEAGATE 0" reported an error on a request to write data

    >> media.
    >>
    >> Error reported:
    >> Physical end of tape encountered.

+ Reply to Thread