Unable to Attach error - Exch. 2k - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to Attach error - Exch. 2k - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, We are using Exch2k sp1 w/ Clustering (Veritas v8.5 Rev 3572). Getting following error: Unable to attach to \\EXMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group. The item was not found. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Unable to attach to \\EXMAIL\Microsoft Information ...

  1. Unable to Attach error - Exch. 2k

    Hi,

    We are using Exch2k sp1 w/ Clustering (Veritas v8.5 Rev 3572).

    Getting following error:

    Unable to attach to \\EXMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group.
    The item was not found.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unable to attach to \\EXMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    We have exhausted the knowledge base for any possible causes of this error.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Joe

  2. Re: Unable to Attach error - Exch. 2k

    You do have Exchange Administrator installed on your BackupExec server,
    right?

    "Joe" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > We are using Exch2k sp1 w/ Clustering (Veritas v8.5 Rev 3572).
    >
    > Getting following error:
    >
    > Unable to attach to \\EXMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage

    Group.
    > The item was not found.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > Unable to attach to \\EXMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage

    Group.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > We have exhausted the knowledge base for any possible causes of this

    error.

    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Joe