What to backup on Exch 2000 server? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on What to backup on Exch 2000 server? - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are running W2k server, sp1, Exch2k. I upgraded from Exch 5.5. The BE Exch 2k agent shows a Site Replication Service on the Backup Selections tab. Do I need to choose this for my backup job? Next question, I ...

  1. What to backup on Exch 2000 server?

    We are running W2k server, sp1, Exch2k. I upgraded from Exch 5.5. The BE Exch
    2k agent shows a Site Replication Service on the Backup Selections tab.
    Do I need to choose this for my backup job?

    Next question, I read a technote#207980 that stated that I should exclude
    the priv.edb, pub.edb, dir.edb,edb.log and edbxxxxx.log from my backup selections.
    Currently I am backing up all local drives, the Information Store, and the
    system state. What exactly should I be backing up. I do a full everyday.
    Thanks!

  2. Re: What to backup on Exch 2000 server?

    You can skip those files because BENT won't back them up anyway, since Exchange has
    them "open exclusive"

    Sounds like you are getting everything you need, since the AD replaces the DS for
    E2000

    Alice wrote:

    > We are running W2k server, sp1, Exch2k. I upgraded from Exch 5.5. The BE Exch
    > 2k agent shows a Site Replication Service on the Backup Selections tab.
    > Do I need to choose this for my backup job?
    >
    > Next question, I read a technote#207980 that stated that I should exclude
    > the priv.edb, pub.edb, dir.edb,edb.log and edbxxxxx.log from my backup selections.
    > Currently I am backing up all local drives, the Information Store, and the
    > system state. What exactly should I be backing up. I do a full everyday.
    > Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread