Mapped drives backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Mapped drives backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; I used User Defined Shares to backup remote server, but at the backup time it gives me an error requiring the Agent licence. Is there any way to backup a directory on the remote server? Thanks BE8.5, Win2K...

  1. Mapped drives backup

    I used User Defined Shares to backup remote server, but at the backup time
    it gives me an error requiring the Agent licence.
    Is there any way to backup a directory on the remote server?

    Thanks
    BE8.5, Win2K

  2. Re: Mapped drives backup

    Only if you have the remote agent installed on the remote server

    Workstation/Pro machines should be OK

    michael wrote:

    > I used User Defined Shares to backup remote server, but at the backup time
    > it gives me an error requiring the Agent licence.
    > Is there any way to backup a directory on the remote server?
    >
    > Thanks
    > BE8.5, Win2K

  3. Re: Mapped drives backup

    What you are asking VIOLATES the license agreement. You must have remote
    agent licenses for each remote server that you plan on backing up

    "michael" wrote in message

    > I used User Defined Shares to backup remote server, but at the backup time
    > it gives me an error requiring the Agent licence.
    > Is there any way to backup a directory on the remote server?
    >
    > Thanks
    > BE8.5, Win2K

  4. Re: Mapped drives backup

    in version 8.x veritas began charging for remote backup agents... prior to
    that it was bundled with the server then multi server products

    "michael" wrote in message

    > I used User Defined Shares to backup remote server, but at the backup time
    > it gives me an error requiring the Agent licence.
    > Is there any way to backup a directory on the remote server?
    >
    > Thanks
    > BE8.5, Win2K

+ Reply to Thread