restore selections vanished - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on restore selections vanished - Veritas Backup Exec ; BEv8.5 I I try to restore a file from my restore selections area. (BEv6.11 media) Install the proper tape. Click run now, and I go to the eternal On Hold (Failed) No more information is given. So if I check ...

  1. restore selections vanished

    BEv8.5
    I I try to restore a file from my restore selections area. (BEv6.11 media)
    Install the proper tape. Click run now, and I go to the eternal On Hold
    (Failed) No more information is given. So if I check my restore, my
    selected file is no longer selected and more over the whole "tape catalog"
    is now missing from restore selections tab that I just made the selection
    from in the first place. Any solutions?
    Inventory. Done that.
    Catalog. Done that.
    Throw software in the trash can. About to.
    Chris

  2. Re: restore selections vanished

    To get you restore catalog back, see

    I'm not sure why cataloging a v6.11 tape would do this.
    You may want to contact Veritas directly.

    Chris Freeman wrote:

    > BEv8.5
    > I I try to restore a file from my restore selections area. (BEv6.11 media)
    > Install the proper tape. Click run now, and I go to the eternal On Hold
    > (Failed) No more information is given. So if I check my restore, my
    > selected file is no longer selected and more over the whole "tape catalog"
    > is now missing from restore selections tab that I just made the selection
    > from in the first place. Any solutions?
    > Inventory. Done that.
    > Catalog. Done that.
    > Throw software in the trash can. About to.
    > Chris

+ Reply to Thread