Just One Server Can't Be Attached To During Backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Just One Server Can't Be Attached To During Backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; On our nightly backups, only our Ceridian server will not backup. The logs say the server could not be attached to/access denied. Yet when I tagged the server under the "selections" tab when setting the job up, it tagged just ...

  1. Just One Server Can't Be Attached To During Backup

    On our nightly backups, only our Ceridian server will not backup. The logs
    say the server could not be attached to/access denied. Yet when I tagged
    the server under the "selections" tab when setting the job up, it tagged
    just fine.
    Why does only THIS server fail during the backups?

    Oh yead, Backup Exec 8.5 running on a Windows 2000 server. The Ceridian server
    is part of a different domain then the backup server is in. Their both local
    in location, just two different domains because our Ceridian server is part
    of our 4.0 domain, and the backup servers sits in our 2000 domain.
    -Damian

  2. Re: Just One Server Can't Be Attached To During Backup

    Try logging in as teh BENT service account

    Can you still access the Ceridian server?

    Damian wrote:

    > On our nightly backups, only our Ceridian server will not backup. The logs
    > say the server could not be attached to/access denied. Yet when I tagged
    > the server under the "selections" tab when setting the job up, it tagged
    > just fine.
    > Why does only THIS server fail during the backups?
    >
    > Oh yead, Backup Exec 8.5 running on a Windows 2000 server. The Ceridian server
    > is part of a different domain then the backup server is in. Their both local
    > in location, just two different domains because our Ceridian server is part
    > of our 4.0 domain, and the backup servers sits in our 2000 domain.
    > -Damian

+ Reply to Thread