Private1 and Pub1 Being Skipped - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Private1 and Pub1 Being Skipped - Veritas Backup Exec ; We're using 8.5 running on an a Windows 2000 server, backing up an Exchange 2000 server. For some reason, the Priv1.edb and stm, and the pub1.edb and stm files are being skipped by the backup process. I have the Exchange ...

  1. Private1 and Pub1 Being Skipped

    We're using 8.5 running on an a Windows 2000 server, backing up an Exchange
    2000 server. For some reason, the Priv1.edb and stm, and the pub1.edb and
    stm files are being skipped by the backup process. I have the Exchange module
    loaded and the agent accelerator is also loaded on the Exchange server. Does
    the Open File Module need to be loaded as well? I was under the impression
    that as long as you have the Exchange module, you do not need the Open File
    module.
    Thanks,
    Damian

  2. Re: Private1 and Pub1 Being Skipped

    Just to clarify my first post, the backup software is NOT running on an Exchange
    2000 server. That server is a seperate machine all together. I meant to say
    the backup software is running on a WINDOWS 2000 server.
    My bad!

    -Damian

    "Damian" wrote:

    >We're using 8.5 running on an a Windows 2000 server, backing up an Exchange
    >2000 server. For some reason, the Priv1.edb and stm, and the pub1.edb and
    >stm files are being skipped by the backup process. I have the Exchange module
    >loaded and the agent accelerator is also loaded on the Exchange server.

    Does
    >the Open File Module need to be loaded as well? I was under the impression
    >that as long as you have the Exchange module, you do not need the Open File
    >module.
    >Thanks,
    >Damian

  3. Re: Private1 and Pub1 Being Skipped

    Damian,
    So the Information Store and System State are being archived to tape
    correctly? Just when you select all files in the drive backup that reports
    the *.edb and *.stm being skipped correct? That would be normal behavior.
    You should NOT perform a file level backup of the Exchange stores. Do NOT
    use the OFO option to attempt to backup them up either. If you are
    performing an Information Store backup and a System State backup, you are
    getting the contents of those files archived to tape in the desired,
    Microsoft support and recommended method.
    Stever
    "Damian" wrote in message

    > Just to clarify my first post, the backup software is NOT running on an

    Exchange
    > 2000 server. That server is a seperate machine all together. I meant to

    say
    > the backup software is running on a WINDOWS 2000 server.
    > My bad!
    >
    > -Damian
    >

    > "Damian" wrote:
    > >
    > >We're using 8.5 running on an a Windows 2000 server, backing up an

    Exchange
    > >2000 server. For some reason, the Priv1.edb and stm, and the pub1.edb and
    > >stm files are being skipped by the backup process. I have the Exchange

    module
    > >loaded and the agent accelerator is also loaded on the Exchange server.

    > Does
    > >the Open File Module need to be loaded as well? I was under the

    impression
    > >that as long as you have the Exchange module, you do not need the Open

    File
    > >module.
    > >Thanks,
    > >Damian