Backing up Remote server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backing up Remote server - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I have one server with a tape drive and one without. I am trying to backup files on the one without to the server that has a tape drive and I can't figure out how to do this. I ...

  1. Backing up Remote server

    Hello,

    I have one server with a tape drive and one without. I am trying to backup
    files on the one without to the server that has a tape drive and I can't
    figure out how to do this. I have Backup Exec 8.5 for Windows NT/2000
    server installed on both.

    Can someone please tell me how to do this?

    Thanks,
    John

  2. Re: Backing up Remote server

    To access serverB from serverA, you must install a copy of the Remote Agent on
    serverB. Two copies of the software won't do it

    John wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have one server with a tape drive and one without. I am trying to backup
    > files on the one without to the server that has a tape drive and I can't
    > figure out how to do this. I have Backup Exec 8.5 for Windows NT/2000
    > server installed on both.
    >
    > Can someone please tell me how to do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John

+ Reply to Thread