I am testing BE 8.5 IDR on a Dell 4400 with a PERC 3Di server and have came
across problems with the recovery.
I deleted the c:\temp directory and started a restore of the C: partition
but during this, IDR stated that it could not restore SYSTEM32 folder. After
rebooting the server I received BSOD with a ntoskrnl.exe error. I then kicked
off the restore again using another backup tape, which restored successfully,
but rebooting the server generated the same errors.

I managed to recover the server by then running the repair disk and selected
all the restore options of the registry.

Was my problem due to not backing up the registry successfully or incorrectly
recovering the partition?

Any comments welcome.

Regards
Craig Simpson