Sudden Loss of Speed - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Sudden Loss of Speed - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi New to this, Have just taken over a system set up by my predecessor (and the bosses will not send be on a course!) We are using BENT V7.2 (Old I know) with a DLT7000 and up to this ...

  1. Sudden Loss of Speed

    Hi New to this,

    Have just taken over a system set up by my predecessor (and the bosses will not send be on a course!)

    We are using BENT V7.2 (Old I know) with a DLT7000 and up to this Monday were getting a rate of between 90-55MB/Min
    which has suddenly dropped to 8.6-*.2MB/Min!! This is on a NT4 (Sp 6) platform Running McAfee NetShield 4.5.

    All services seem to be working and there has not been any real change in the network system.

    Any hints or pointers would be gratefully appreciated (especially as we have a full backup going of tonight (35GB).

    Regards,

    Jonah Jones
    WOCIS
    (and in trouble!)
    MWF1@CSI.COM

  2. Re: Sudden Loss of Speed

    To Ken Putman,

    Many thanks for your reply,

    The switches are at Full and I actually have V7.3 not 7.2 but will get the updates as you have suggested.

    Thanks again.

    Jonah

+ Reply to Thread