    Event ID: 34327
    Date: 6/22/2001
    Time: 8:27:38 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: NAME
    Update to catalog index (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
    Exec\NT\Catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) failed.
    Reason: Operation is not supported for this type of object. DAO.Workspace
    c:\be\tobago\3572r\becat\server\catalogindex.cpp(2 95)

    The BeTopCat.idx is located in the directory C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
    Exec\NT\Catalogs\ but the dir c:\be\... doesnīt exist.
    After deleting (renaming) the .idx file same error.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 34334
    Date: 6/22/2001
    Time: 9:01:54 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: NAME
    Catalog server reported DAO error : 3251: Operation is not supported for
    this type of object. DAO.Workspace.
    Source File : c:\be\tobago\3572r\becat\server\catdaoiterator.cpp (261).

    During backup job the last error exists ~15times.

    Reinstalling BE causes same error.
    Cause in thought of a permission-problem, everyone and many groups/users
    have full control on the subtree Veritas.
    Any idea?

    I donīt like to define all 30 BackupJobs again. Is there a possibility to
    copy ONLY the job definitions (not the job history) in a new, clean
    installation?

    Thanks in advance!

    Dieter

  2. Re: Restore Selections are empty

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191281.htm

    Dieter Rauscher wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > Iīve a problem with BE 8.5 3572 on W2kSrvSP2en:
    > The "Restore Selections" are empty even after performing successful jobs.
    > In the eventlog the following errors appear:
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 34327
    > Date: 6/22/2001
    > Time: 8:27:38 AM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: NAME
    > Update to catalog index (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
    > Exec\NT\Catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) failed.
    > Reason: Operation is not supported for this type of object. DAO.Workspace
    > c:\be\tobago\3572r\becat\server\catalogindex.cpp(2 95)
    >
    > The BeTopCat.idx is located in the directory C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
    > Exec\NT\Catalogs\ but the dir c:\be\... doesnīt exist.
    > After deleting (renaming) the .idx file same error.
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 34334
    > Date: 6/22/2001
    > Time: 9:01:54 AM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: NAME
    > Catalog server reported DAO error : 3251: Operation is not supported for
    > this type of object. DAO.Workspace.
    > Source File : c:\be\tobago\3572r\becat\server\catdaoiterator.cpp (261).
    >
    > During backup job the last error exists ~15times.
    >
    > Reinstalling BE causes same error.
    > Cause in thought of a permission-problem, everyone and many groups/users
    > have full control on the subtree Veritas.
    > Any idea?
    >
    > I donīt like to define all 30 BackupJobs again. Is there a possibility to
    > copy ONLY the job definitions (not the job history) in a new, clean
    > installation?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Dieter

  3. Re: Restore Selections are empty

    Thanks very much!
    Problem solved.

    I schould ask more the Veritas KB....

    Nice weekend

    Dieter

    "Ken Putnam" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191281.htm
    >
    > Dieter Rauscher wrote:
    >
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > Iīve a problem with BE 8.5 3572 on W2kSrvSP2en:
    > > The "Restore Selections" are empty even after performing successful

    jobs.
    > > In the eventlog the following errors appear:
    > >
    > > Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 34327
    > > Date: 6/22/2001
    > > Time: 8:27:38 AM
    > > User: N/A
    > > Computer: NAME
    > > Update to catalog index (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
    > > Exec\NT\Catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) failed.
    > > Reason: Operation is not supported for this type of object.

    DAO.Workspace
    > > c:\be\tobago\3572r\becat\server\catalogindex.cpp(2 95)
    > >
    > > The BeTopCat.idx is located in the directory C:\Program

    Files\VERITAS\Backup
    > > Exec\NT\Catalogs\ but the dir c:\be\... doesnīt exist.
    > > After deleting (renaming) the .idx file same error.
    > >
    > > Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: Backup Exec Catalog Server
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 34334
    > > Date: 6/22/2001
    > > Time: 9:01:54 AM
    > > User: N/A
    > > Computer: NAME
    > > Catalog server reported DAO error : 3251: Operation is not supported for
    > > this type of object. DAO.Workspace.
    > > Source File :

    c:\be\tobago\3572r\becat\server\catdaoiterator.cpp (261).

    > > During backup job the last error exists ~15times.
    > >
    > > Reinstalling BE causes same error.
    > > Cause in thought of a permission-problem, everyone and many groups/users
    > > have full control on the subtree Veritas.
    > > Any idea?
    > >
    > > I donīt like to define all 30 BackupJobs again. Is there a possibility

    > > copy ONLY the job definitions (not the job history) in a new, clean
    > > installation?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance!
    > >
    > > Dieter

+ Reply to Thread