Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Dear All, Can anybody help me on this issue. 1.I have Two Windows NT 4.0 Servers with Service PAck 4.0 Loaded. 2.PDC contains Exchange server 5.x with SP - 3 3.BDC has got Tape Drive and Backup Exec 8.5 Locaded ...

  1. Veritas Backup Exec 8.5

    Dear All,

    Can anybody help me on this issue.

    1.I have Two Windows NT 4.0 Servers with Service PAck 4.0 Loaded.
    2.PDC contains Exchange server 5.x with SP - 3
    3.BDC has got Tape Drive and Backup Exec 8.5 Locaded with Exchange Agent
    on it.

    Question : I am able to see Information Store but am not able to see Individual
    Mailboxes and not able to take backup of Individual Mailboxes.

    Kindly revert if you know anything about this.

    Regards,

  2. Re: Veritas Backup Exec 8.5

    In order to help I will need additional information.

    1) Does the PDC have a RemoteAgent Licence ?

    I belive there is an EXCHANGE REMOTE OPTIONOn 22 Jun 2001 01:57:01
    -0400, "Manoj Joshi" wrote:

    >Dear All,
    >
    >Can anybody help me on this issue.
    >
    >1.I have Two Windows NT 4.0 Servers with Service PAck 4.0 Loaded.
    >2.PDC contains Exchange server 5.x with SP - 3
    >3.BDC has got Tape Drive and Backup Exec 8.5 Locaded with Exchange Agent
    >on it.
    >
    >Question : I am able to see Information Store but am not able to see Individual
    >Mailboxes and not able to take backup of Individual Mailboxes.
    >
    >Kindly revert if you know anything about this.
    >
    >Regards,

  3. Re: Veritas Backup Exec 8.5

    See http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm for a discussion of why NOT to do
    mailbox backups. If you decide to do them anyway see

    Manoj Joshi wrote:

    > Dear All,
    >
    > Can anybody help me on this issue.
    >
    > 1.I have Two Windows NT 4.0 Servers with Service PAck 4.0 Loaded.
    > 2.PDC contains Exchange server 5.x with SP - 3
    > 3.BDC has got Tape Drive and Backup Exec 8.5 Locaded with Exchange Agent
    > on it.
    >
    > Question : I am able to see Information Store but am not able to see Individual
    > Mailboxes and not able to take backup of Individual Mailboxes.
    >
    > Kindly revert if you know anything about this.
    >
    > Regards,

+ Reply to Thread