8.6 upg - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on 8.6 upg - Veritas Backup Exec ; I just purchased BE server ; 3 remote agents and an exchange agent, Veritas said that if i can only upgrade if I buy the annual maintenance. this produce is still shrink wrapped, only 10 days old!!!!!!!! this stuff is ...

  1. 8.6 upg

    I just purchased BE server ; 3 remote agents and an exchange agent,
    Veritas said that if i can only upgrade if I buy the annual maintenance.
    this produce is still shrink wrapped, only 10 days old!!!!!!!!
    this stuff is going back to the sales guy. I've been with BE since 6.5 stuff
    that did not work, nice way to treat customers

  2. Re: 8.6 upg

    That's odd, usually there is a window of 30-90 days on when you buy a
    product and a new version comes out. Perhaps the sales guy is wrong. Did
    you call Veritas directly?

    --
    ------------------------------
    David L. Kalwishky

    "looker" wrote in message news:3b325164$1@hronntp01....

    > I just purchased BE server ; 3 remote agents and an exchange agent,
    > Veritas said that if i can only upgrade if I buy the annual maintenance.
    > this produce is still shrink wrapped, only 10 days old!!!!!!!!
    > this stuff is going back to the sales guy. I've been with BE since 6.5

    stuff
    > that did not work, nice way to treat customers

  3. Re: 8.6 upg

    that was directly form veritas sales
    quoute directly from a veritas Sr. VP
    "We do not have a free product upgrade policy unless you are on maintenance,
    and never have ..."

    "David Kalwishky" wrote in message
    > That's odd, usually there is a window of 30-90 days on when you buy a
    > product and a new version comes out. Perhaps the sales guy is wrong. Did
    > you call Veritas directly?
    >
    > --
    > ------------------------------
    > David L. Kalwishky
    > dave@kalwishky.com
    > ICQ: 2855632
    >

    > "looker" wrote in message news:3b325164$1@hronntp01....
    > >
    > > I just purchased BE server ; 3 remote agents and an exchange agent,
    > > Veritas said that if i can only upgrade if I buy the annual maintenance.
    > > this produce is still shrink wrapped, only 10 days old!!!!!!!!
    > > this stuff is going back to the sales guy. I've been with BE since 6.5

    > stuff
    > > that did not work, nice way to treat customers

  4. Re: 8.6 upg

    On Sun, 24 Jun 2001 17:30:45 -0500, "looker"
    wrote:

    >that was directly form veritas sales
    >quoute directly from a veritas Sr. VP
    >"We do not have a free product upgrade policy unless you are on maintenance,
    >and never have ..."

    there has always been a grace period when new versions is out.

    In denmark if you have purchased the product between 18/5 to 18/7
    you get a free upgrade until the 18/8 if you call veritas sales.

    Call them again.

+ Reply to Thread