CATALOGING FAILS - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on CATALOGING FAILS - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am getting this error message in the event viewer every time my backup runs or anytime I specificly try and catalog a tape: Update of Catalog index (c:\program files\veritas\backup exec\NT\catalogs\BeTopCat.idx) Failed: Reason: Operation is not Supported for this type ...

  1. CATALOGING FAILS

    I am getting this error message in the event viewer every time my backup runs
    or anytime I specificly try and catalog a tape:

    Update of Catalog index (c:\program files\veritas\backup exec\NT\catalogs\BeTopCat.idx)
    Failed:
    Reason: Operation is not Supported for this type of object. DAO. workgroup
    d:\be\arula\3311r\becat\server\catalog index.cpp(289)

    HELP!!!
    Jacob@iisnet.net

  2. Re: CATALOGING FAILS

    stop the BENT services
    delete BETOPCAT.IDX from the \Catalog directory
    restart BENT

    see also http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191281.htm

    Jacob Sampson wrote:

    > I am getting this error message in the event viewer every time my backup runs
    > or anytime I specificly try and catalog a tape:
    >
    > Update of Catalog index (c:\program files\veritas\backup exec\NT\catalogs\BeTopCat.idx)
    > Failed:
    > Reason: Operation is not Supported for this type of object. DAO. workgroup
    > d:\be\arula\3311r\becat\server\catalog index.cpp(289)
    >
    > HELP!!!
    > Jacob@iisnet.net

  3. Re: CATALOGING FAILS

    Try going to TOOLS | OPTIONS | CATALOG | and uncheck use storage based
    catalogs

    "Jacob Sampson" wrote in message

    > I am getting this error message in the event viewer every time my backup

    runs
    > or anytime I specificly try and catalog a tape:
    >
    > Update of Catalog index (c:\program files\veritas\backup

    exec\NT\catalogs\BeTopCat.idx)
    > Failed:
    > Reason: Operation is not Supported for this type of object. DAO. workgroup
    > d:\be\arula\3311r\becat\server\catalog index.cpp(289)
    >
    > HELP!!!
    > Jacob@iisnet.net

+ Reply to Thread