how to monitor tape space - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on how to monitor tape space - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Just wanna know how will I monitor the remaining space in the tape, am using DLT tape . thanks in advance. -- testrose --...

  1. how to monitor tape space

    Hi,

    Just wanna know how will I monitor the remaining space in the tape, am
    using DLT tape .

    thanks in advance.

    -- testrose --

  2. Re: how to monitor tape space

    Use software compression. Then look in the logs for the size read in the
    Verify section. This tells you how much data was written onto the tape for
    that job. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to sum up the space used by
    all the jobs.

    "testrose" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Just wanna know how will I monitor the remaining space in the tape, am
    > using DLT tape .
    >

    > thanks in advance.
    >
    > -- testrose --

  3. Re: how to monitor tape space

    I've forgotten which one it is, but one of the canned reports (the Volume Set
    report, I think) will tell you how much data is on each volume. It is the
    amount before compression, tho, if you use H/W compression

    Wayne Sheppard wrote:

    > Use software compression. Then look in the logs for the size read in the
    > Verify section. This tells you how much data was written onto the tape for
    > that job. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to sum up the space used by
    > all the jobs.
    >
    > "testrose" wrote in message
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Just wanna know how will I monitor the remaining space in the tape, am
    > > using DLT tape .
    > >

    > > thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > -- testrose --

+ Reply to Thread