Serial No. error when installing (not upgrading to) BENT 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Serial No. error when installing (not upgrading to) BENT 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; When installing BENT 8.5, not upgrading from BENT 7.3,on a Windows NT4 server (SP5) I get the message 'Invalid Serial Number' or 'Serial number error' after entering the serial number supplied in the box. The FAQ and the knowledge base ...

  1. Serial No. error when installing (not upgrading to) BENT 8.5

    When installing BENT 8.5, not upgrading from BENT 7.3,on a Windows NT4 server
    (SP5) I get the message

    'Invalid Serial Number' or 'Serial number error'

    after entering the serial number supplied in the box.

    The FAQ and the knowledge base have no trace of this problem. Has anybody
    else encountered this and are there any fixes?

    If not then Veritas please give the software back to Seagate!

  2. Re: Serial No. error when installing (not upgrading to) BENT 8.5

    "Faris Sipi" wrote:

    >When installing BENT 8.5, not upgrading from BENT 7.3,on a Windows NT4 server
    >(SP5) I get the message
    >
    >'Invalid Serial Number' or 'Serial number error'
    >
    >after entering the serial number supplied in the box.
    >
    >The FAQ and the knowledge base have no trace of this problem. Has anybody
    >else encountered this and are there any fixes?
    >
    >If not then Veritas please give the software back to Seagate!

    You should Veritas Sales to get substitute serial numbers.
    Sometimes shrink wrapped numbers don't apply.
    That is why it is sometimes a good idea to buy just the licenses
    from a reseller using the correct part numbers from Veritas and
    then have Veritas give you the license serial numbers after being
    contacted by the reseller.

  3. Re: Serial No. error when installing (not upgrading to) BENT 8.5

    you need to contact to get the real install serial umbers for the install...
    btw did you know that unless you purchased a maintenance agreement with your
    8.5 you will have to PAY to upgrade to 8.6

    "Faris Sipi" wrote in message

    > When installing BENT 8.5, not upgrading from BENT 7.3,on a Windows NT4

    server
    > (SP5) I get the message
    >
    > 'Invalid Serial Number' or 'Serial number error'
    >
    > after entering the serial number supplied in the box.
    >
    > The FAQ and the knowledge base have no trace of this problem. Has anybody
    > else encountered this and are there any fixes?
    >
    > If not then Veritas please give the software back to Seagate!

+ Reply to Thread