Agent SQL - pb with model & msdb - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Agent SQL - pb with model & msdb - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, On a Windows 2000 Server with SQL Server 2000, Backup Exec 8.50 R3572 and Agent for SQL Server, i've got failed job due to: 1°) An error occurred on a query to filegroup model..PRIMARY. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ...

  1. Agent SQL - pb with model & msdb

    Hello,

    On a Windows 2000 Server with SQL Server 2000, Backup Exec 8.50 R3572 and
    Agent for SQL Server, i've got failed job due to:

    1°)
    An error occurred on a query to filegroup model..PRIMARY.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Could not find filegroup PRIMARY in sysfilegroups for database
    'model'

    2°)
    An error occurred on a query to filegroup msdb..PRIMARY.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ The statement BACKUP DATABASE...FILE= is not allowed while
    the recovery model is SIMPLE. Use BACKUP DATABASE or change the recovery
    model using sp_dboption

    I don't know what to do for the first error.
    For the second, I change the recovery model to FULL but, after a reboot,
    this model is automatically changed to SIMPLE.

    Do you have any ideas to help me?

    Thank you,

    Francois - FRANCE

  2. Re: Agent SQL - pb with model & msdb

    Are you attempting to backup filegroups that aren't there? That's what the
    error sounds like.

    "François Depeche" wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >On a Windows 2000 Server with SQL Server 2000, Backup Exec 8.50 R3572 and
    >Agent for SQL Server, i've got failed job due to:
    >
    >1°)
    >An error occurred on a query to filegroup model..PRIMARY.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Could not find filegroup PRIMARY in sysfilegroups for database
    >'model'
    >
    >2°)
    >An error occurred on a query to filegroup msdb..PRIMARY.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^ The statement BACKUP DATABASE...FILE= is not allowed while
    >the recovery model is SIMPLE. Use BACKUP DATABASE or change the recovery
    >model using sp_dboption
    >
    >I don't know what to do for the first error.
    >For the second, I change the recovery model to FULL but, after a reboot,
    >this model is automatically changed to SIMPLE.
    >
    >Do you have any ideas to help me?
    >
    >Thank you,
    >
    >Francois - FRANCE

+ Reply to Thread