Major probleeeeems with OnStream SC-30 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Major probleeeeems with OnStream SC-30 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a Onstream SC-30 installed on a Dell 2300 Server. It used to run fine using the Seagate Backup Exec. 7.2 Then all of the sudden jobs were aborted left and right. It would eject the tape and say ...

  1. Major probleeeeems with OnStream SC-30

    I have a Onstream SC-30 installed on a Dell 2300 Server.

    It used to run fine using the Seagate Backup Exec. 7.2

    Then all of the sudden jobs were aborted left and right.
    It would eject the tape and say "no media is found" something like that.
    No duh! And the tape was no where near full....

    CORRECTIVE MEASURES:
    Upgraded NT SP5 to SP6.
    Upgraded the firmware of the tape drive to 1.8
    I bought new tapes and a cleaning tape.
    Installed latest ASPI drivers.
    I downloaded the latest drivers from Onstream for this drive that are
    supposed to work with Veritas 8.0
    Upgraded the backup program to Veritas 8.0.

    I can schedule a job and run it successful as long as it is all on one
    partition. I can't remember how Veritas designates different parts of a
    scheduled job.
    It does this first part, starts the second part (a different partition),
    then aborts saying something about no media. I think it ejects the media.

    And it is no where near to the capacity of the tape.

    Any ideas???

    Thanks,
    Frank

  2. Re: Major probleeeeems with OnStream SC-30

    is it "Unrecognized media"?

    if so, grab the Media Fix patch at

    Won't lket you read any of those tapes, but should keep it from happening
    again.

    "ZZZupan, Frank" wrote:

    > I have a Onstream SC-30 installed on a Dell 2300 Server.
    >
    > It used to run fine using the Seagate Backup Exec. 7.2
    >
    > Then all of the sudden jobs were aborted left and right.
    > It would eject the tape and say "no media is found" something like that.
    > No duh! And the tape was no where near full....
    >
    > CORRECTIVE MEASURES:
    > Upgraded NT SP5 to SP6.
    > Upgraded the firmware of the tape drive to 1.8
    > I bought new tapes and a cleaning tape.
    > Installed latest ASPI drivers.
    > I downloaded the latest drivers from Onstream for this drive that are
    > supposed to work with Veritas 8.0
    > Upgraded the backup program to Veritas 8.0.
    >
    > I can schedule a job and run it successful as long as it is all on one
    > partition. I can't remember how Veritas designates different parts of a
    > scheduled job.
    > It does this first part, starts the second part (a different partition),
    > then aborts saying something about no media. I think it ejects the media.
    >
    > And it is no where near to the capacity of the tape.
    >
    > Any ideas???
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Frank

+ Reply to Thread