Event ID 57422 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Event ID 57422 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am encountering the following error when Backup exec 7.0 Build 727 loads upon startup on a WinNT 4.0 server running SP6a. The event ID is 57422. This error prevents me from seeing the novell SMS from the NT server ...

  1. Event ID 57422

    I am encountering the following error when Backup exec 7.0 Build 727 loads
    upon startup on a WinNT 4.0 server running SP6a. The event ID is 57422. This
    error prevents me from seeing the novell SMS from the NT server within backup
    Exec for NT. I can see and access the novell server from "entire network"
    just fine.

    The message fron the event viewer is as follows:

    "The Agent Browser's Netware SAP Module experienced an error while trying
    to receive advertisements" The Agent Browser can no longer listen for SAP
    advertisements."

    I have a Netware agent running on a 4.11 (NWSP9). I'm only running 8.2.2
    and the network number is the same for the NT and netware server. This problem
    is somewhat intermitted and after a combinantion of stopping and starting
    services on both the NT and Novell Boxes sometimes I can see the SMS Icon.
    I can't find any reference to this event ID any where.

    Thanks in Advance.

    RVS

  2. Re: Event ID 57422

    Just on GP, I'd grab the free upgrade to v7.01.1616.

    Go the downloads page (from the BENT product page at
    http://support.veritas.com/main_ddProduct_BEWNT.htm select the lower right text
    box and click on the link) and grab the last free upgrade for v7.0 users.

    BNT72I03 (english/intel) and
    BNT72ACC

    Download and expand to the same empty directory. When you go to upgrade DO NOT
    just run "setup" as this will begin installing v7.2 which will not accept your
    v7.0 serial(s) and will leave you with no backup system at all

    Instead run "setup -fsetup701.ins" and you should be OK installing v7.01.1616.

    Ramon Sharpe wrote:

    > I am encountering the following error when Backup exec 7.0 Build 727 loads
    > upon startup on a WinNT 4.0 server running SP6a. The event ID is 57422. This
    > error prevents me from seeing the novell SMS from the NT server within backup
    > Exec for NT. I can see and access the novell server from "entire network"
    > just fine.
    >
    > The message fron the event viewer is as follows:
    >
    > "The Agent Browser's Netware SAP Module experienced an error while trying
    > to receive advertisements" The Agent Browser can no longer listen for SAP
    > advertisements."
    >
    > I have a Netware agent running on a 4.11 (NWSP9). I'm only running 8.2.2
    > and the network number is the same for the NT and netware server. This problem
    > is somewhat intermitted and after a combinantion of stopping and starting
    > services on both the NT and Novell Boxes sometimes I can see the SMS Icon.
    > I can't find any reference to this event ID any where.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance.
    >
    > RVS

+ Reply to Thread