Can BE backup to a Hard Drive instead of a Tape Device? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can BE backup to a Hard Drive instead of a Tape Device? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anyone know if BE can backup to a hard drive instead of a tape device? Our backup windows are getting rather large, and one thought that we have is to backup to a hard drive at night, and then ...

  1. Can BE backup to a Hard Drive instead of a Tape Device?

    Does anyone know if BE can backup to a hard drive instead of a tape device?

    Our backup windows are getting rather large, and one thought that we have
    is to backup to a hard drive at night, and then let BE backup up the harddrive
    during the day.

    Thanks in advance!
    Stew

  2. Re: Can BE backup to a Hard Drive instead of a Tape Device?

    v8.6 is supposed to support this. Just released to the public over the weekend.

    BUT is is a for pay upgrade, not free.

    Stew Stremel wrote:

    > Does anyone know if BE can backup to a hard drive instead of a tape device?
    >
    > Our backup windows are getting rather large, and one thought that we have
    > is to backup to a hard drive at night, and then let BE backup up the harddrive
    > during the day.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > Stew

+ Reply to Thread