Cannot use Backup Agent to backup another server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cannot use Backup Agent to backup another server - Veritas Backup Exec ; When I was using Microsoft shares on another server I was able to backup the data but if I try to use the Backup Agent that is installed (the service is running) I cannot even see the other server in ...

  1. Cannot use Backup Agent to backup another server

    When I was using Microsoft shares on another server I was able to backup the data but if I
    try to use the Backup Agent that is installed (the service is running) I cannot even see
    the other server in my backup selection screen. Do I need to share the drives (security
    risk) or am I supposed to be able to use the Backup Agent selection to choose the other
    server?

  2. Re: Cannot use Backup Agent to backup another server

    If the remote agent is installed and running, you should be able to browse to those other
    servers with no problems.

    From the GUI, do a help about. Does BENT think that the Remote Agents are installed?

    Daniel Marcus wrote:

    > When I was using Microsoft shares on another server I was able to backup the data but if I
    > try to use the Backup Agent that is installed (the service is running) I cannot even see
    > the other server in my backup selection screen. Do I need to share the drives (security
    > risk) or am I supposed to be able to use the Backup Agent selection to choose the other
    > server?

+ Reply to Thread