Restore files with Backup Exec 8.0 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore files with Backup Exec 8.0 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I went to restore a file from a backup tape and the following message caused it to fail: Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Invalid Physical Volume Library Drive Identifier. Does ...

  1. Restore files with Backup Exec 8.0

    I went to restore a file from a backup tape and the following message caused
    it to fail:

    Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Invalid Physical Volume Library Drive Identifier.

    Does anyone know what this means and if so, how do I get around this to restore
    the file I need?

  2. Re: Restore files with Backup Exec 8.0

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190973.htm

    Vanessa wrote:

    > I went to restore a file from a backup tape and the following message caused
    > it to fail:
    >
    > Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media
    >
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > Invalid Physical Volume Library Drive Identifier.
    >
    > Does anyone know what this means and if so, how do I get around this to restore
    > the file I need?

+ Reply to Thread