Allocate Tape Drive for NTBACKUP? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Allocate Tape Drive for NTBACKUP? - Veritas Backup Exec ; When I was installing BENT8.5 on Win2K Server SP2 it asked me if I wanted to have the program allocate the tape drive for it's own use only and of course I clicked "Yes". Now I need to use native ...

  1. Allocate Tape Drive for NTBACKUP?

    When I was installing BENT8.5 on Win2K Server SP2 it asked me if I wanted
    to have the program allocate the tape drive for it's own use only and of
    course I clicked "Yes". Now I need to use native Windows backup client -
    NTBACKUP.EXE - but it doesn't see the tape drive. Is there way to change
    the setting so BENT8.5 "shares" tape devices with other programs?
    Thanks,

    Dimitri

  2. Re: Allocate Tape Drive for NTBACKUP?

    You could always re-install and select no

    Dimitri Limanovski wrote:

    > When I was installing BENT8.5 on Win2K Server SP2 it asked me if I wanted
    > to have the program allocate the tape drive for it's own use only and of
    > course I clicked "Yes". Now I need to use native Windows backup client -
    > NTBACKUP.EXE - but it doesn't see the tape drive. Is there way to change
    > the setting so BENT8.5 "shares" tape devices with other programs?
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dimitri

+ Reply to Thread