Problem restoring Mailboxes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problem restoring Mailboxes - Veritas Backup Exec ; Can any one help me. I have had to reinstall my exchange server 5.5 on SBS 4.5. However when a I try to restore the Mail boxes I get unable to attach to \\servername\Exchange Mailboxes etc.. Access Denied ^^^^^^ Please ...

  1. Problem restoring Mailboxes

    Can any one help me. I have had to reinstall my exchange server 5.5 on SBS
    4.5. However when a I try to restore the Mail boxes I get unable to attach
    to \\servername\Exchange Mailboxes etc.. Access Denied ^^^^^^

    Please help.

  2. Re: Problem restoring Mailboxes

    If you are doing a full restore, forget about the mailbox backups. Just
    restore the IS and DS.

    robjo@ntlworld.com wrote:

    > Can any one help me. I have had to reinstall my exchange server 5.5 on SBS
    > 4.5. However when a I try to restore the Mail boxes I get unable to attach
    > to \\servername\Exchange Mailboxes etc.. Access Denied ^^^^^^
    >
    > Please help.

  3. Re: Problem restoring Mailboxes

    No I just need a couple of mail boxes
    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > If you are doing a full restore, forget about the mailbox backups. Just
    > restore the IS and DS.
    >
    > robjo@ntlworld.com wrote:
    >
    > > Can any one help me. I have had to reinstall my exchange server 5.5 on

    SBS
    > > 4.5. However when a I try to restore the Mail boxes I get unable to

    attach
    > > to \\servername\Exchange Mailboxes etc.. Access Denied ^^^^^^
    > >
    > > Please help.

  4. Re: Problem restoring Mailboxes

    AFAIK, You need to re-create the mailbox before you can restore it. I don't
    use BLBs, but that is a place to start.

    Also, if this is a new install of Exchange, then you also need to grant the
    BackupExec Service Account the appropriate rights within Exchange.

    wrote:
    >No I just need a couple of mail boxes
    >"Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    >> If you are doing a full restore, forget about the mailbox backups. Just
    >> restore the IS and DS.
    >>
    >> robjo@ntlworld.com wrote:
    >>
    >> > Can any one help me. I have had to reinstall my exchange server 5.5

    on
    >SBS
    >> > 4.5. However when a I try to restore the Mail boxes I get unable to

    >attach
    >> > to \\servername\Exchange Mailboxes etc.. Access Denied ^^^^^^
    >> >
    >> > Please help.

  5. Re: Problem restoring Mailboxes

    I have fixed the problem. It could not user the main Admin accout for some
    reason. Created a new one and it is fine now. However when it restored the
    mailboxes, when you go into outlook the contacts are greyed out for every
    user and you have to go into every contact and File by again. That fixes
    that problem - however new problem now the email address are gone for every
    contact and it cannot fined the address book. Does anyone know where the
    contact address are kept, are they kept in the mailbox on the exchange
    server, or somewhere else on the exchange server.
    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message news:3b2f9fdf@hronntp01....

    > AFAIK, You need to re-create the mailbox before you can restore it. I

    don't
    > use BLBs, but that is a place to start.
    >
    > Also, if this is a new install of Exchange, then you also need to grant

    the
    > BackupExec Service Account the appropriate rights within Exchange.
    >

    > wrote:
    > >No I just need a couple of mail boxes
    > >"Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > >> If you are doing a full restore, forget about the mailbox backups.

    Just
    > >> restore the IS and DS.

    > on
    > >SBS

    > >attach

  6. Re: Problem Restoring Mailboxes w/out Recreating Mailbox

    I'm running v8.5 and exch5.5. When I delete one or more mailboxes on Exchange
    and restore them by first recreating the mailbox and then restoring, it works
    fine. What I'm having trouble with is restoring the mailbox without having
    to recreate it. I've tried restoring the DS andIS (suggestion from item
    36651: Problem restoring Mailboxes), but that doesn't seem to work. I've
    also tried restoring the mailboxes alone and w/ all posible combinations
    of restoring w/ DS and IS. Also, when I do restore the IS and DS, the only
    I can restart MSEXchAdmin is to run the Service pack 3. But my main concern
    are the mailboxes. Anyone else run into this quirk?? Any suggestions are
    welcome. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread