v8.6 Serial Number Probs - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on v8.6 Serial Number Probs - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have just downloaded v8.6 as mentioned in a earlier post. When i try to install it, it asks for the usual serial numbers, but none of my options appear listed. When i enter my valid serial number, it says ...

  1. v8.6 Serial Number Probs

    I have just downloaded v8.6 as mentioned in a earlier post. When i try to
    install it, it asks for the usual serial numbers, but none of my options
    appear listed.
    When i enter my valid serial number, it says its not correct. The import
    function also fails to import the serial number.

    Are we to take it that the v8.6 update is a new package, with new serial
    numbers needed ? Surely it should be an update available to 8.5 users ?

    Olly
    olly@simplicity.co.uk

  2. Re: v8.6 Serial Number Probs

    I am also facing the same problem . Does anyone have any solution?

    thanks
    amit

    "kjhkjh" wrote:
    >I have just downloaded v8.6 as mentioned in a earlier post. When i try to
    >install it, it asks for the usual serial numbers, but none of my options
    >appear listed.
    >When i enter my valid serial number, it says its not correct. The import
    >function also fails to import the serial number.
    >
    >Are we to take it that the v8.6 update is a new package, with new serial
    >numbers needed ? Surely it should be an update available to 8.5 users ?
    >
    >Olly
    >olly@simplicity.co.uk

  3. Re: v8.6 Serial Number Probs

    In TechFile ID 237496 we read:

    NOTE: Backup Exec for Windows NT v7.x, 8.0 and 8.5 base product serial numbers
    will not be recognized by Backup Exec for Windows NT and Windows 2000 v8.6.
    For upgrade information please call VERITAS Sales: 800-327-2232.

    So Iīve the faint hope we get this as an upgrade if we ask for it - I didnīt
    yet.

    :-) Andreas

  4. Re: v8.6 Serial Number Probs

    Strange...That's the the Techfile ID for the German version. The English
    version has no mention of this (ID#237503). I'd hate to think that they
    inadvertantly left out this info for the English download.

    "Andreas Tschoeke" wrote in message

    > In TechFile ID 237496 we read:
    >
    > NOTE: Backup Exec for Windows NT v7.x, 8.0 and 8.5 base product serial

    numbers
    > will not be recognized by Backup Exec for Windows NT and Windows 2000

    v8.6.
    > For upgrade information please call VERITAS Sales: 800-327-2232.
    >
    > So Iīve the faint hope we get this as an upgrade if we ask for it - I

    didnīt
    > yet.
    >
    > :-) Andreas

  5. Re: v8.6 Serial Number Probs

    Consider me wound up!

    Olly

    "ODB" wrote in message news:3b2f7846$1@hronntp01....
    > Strange...That's the the Techfile ID for the German version. The English
    > version has no mention of this (ID#237503). I'd hate to think that they
    > inadvertantly left out this info for the English download.
    >

    > "Andreas Tschoeke" wrote in message
    > >
    > > In TechFile ID 237496 we read:
    > >
    > > NOTE: Backup Exec for Windows NT v7.x, 8.0 and 8.5 base product serial

    > numbers
    > > will not be recognized by Backup Exec for Windows NT and Windows 2000

    > v8.6.
    > > For upgrade information please call VERITAS Sales: 800-327-2232.
    > >
    > > So Iīve the faint hope we get this as an upgrade if we ask for it - I

    > didnīt
    > > yet.
    > >
    > > :-) Andreas

  6. Re: v8.6 Serial Number Probs

    "kjhkjh" wrote:
    >Consider me wound up!
    >
    >Olly

    Done!

  7. Re: v8.6 Serial Number Probs

    Hello, All...

    I called the number above, and if you
    have a valid support contract with
    Veritas, the upgrade is free. Our
    contract runs through March 2002, and
    they are sending the proper serial
    numbers by mail.

    David

    "amit" wrote
    in message news:3b2e1dba$1@hronntp01....

    > I am also facing the same problem .

    Does anyone have any solution?

    > thanks
    > amit
    >

    > "kjhkjh" wrote:
    > >I have just downloaded v8.6 as

    mentioned in a earlier post. When i try
    > >install it, it asks for the usual

    serial numbers, but none of my options
    > >appear listed.
    > >When i enter my valid serial number,

    it says its not correct. The import
    > >function also fails to import the

    serial number.

    > >Are we to take it that the v8.6

    update is a new package, with new serial
    > >numbers needed ? Surely it should be

    an update available to 8.5 users ?

    > >Olly
    > >olly@simplicity.co.uk

  8. Re: v8.6 Serial Number Probs

    > NOTE: Backup Exec for Windows NT v7.x, 8.0 and 8.5 base product serial
    numbers
    > will not be recognized by Backup Exec for Windows NT and Windows 2000

    v8.6.
    > For upgrade information please call VERITAS Sales: 800-327-2232.

    Called it, no free upgrade for us. :-( Only a free upgrade if you have
    maintnence which apparently the previous Admin didn't buy. Arghh.....

+ Reply to Thread