Configure BE 8.5 to Abort on Invalid Media? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Configure BE 8.5 to Abort on Invalid Media? - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have a centralized administration system for remote servers with individual tape drives. Since the backups run in the middle of the night, we would prefer to have Backup Exec simply fail a job when it finds an empty tape ...

  1. Configure BE 8.5 to Abort on Invalid Media?

    We have a centralized administration system for remote servers with individual
    tape drives. Since the backups run in the middle of the night, we would
    prefer to have Backup Exec simply fail a job when it finds an empty tape
    drive or invalid media rather than sending emails to the admin alert account
    every 15 minutes all night. Cannot find a way to set this up however. Any
    suggestions?

  2. Re: Configure BE 8.5 to Abort on Invalid Media?

    you will have to turn off this alert in the registry
    hklm/software/veritas/adamm/alerts (or close to that is varies) find the
    tape alert and change it to 0
    "Alex" wrote in message

    > We have a centralized administration system for remote servers with

    individual
    > tape drives. Since the backups run in the middle of the night, we would
    > prefer to have Backup Exec simply fail a job when it finds an empty tape
    > drive or invalid media rather than sending emails to the admin alert

    account
    > every 15 minutes all night. Cannot find a way to set this up however.

    Any
    > suggestions?

  3. Re: Configure BE 8.5 to Abort on Invalid Media?

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm for some registry tweaks that
    may help you with this.

    Alex wrote:

    > We have a centralized administration system for remote servers with individual
    > tape drives. Since the backups run in the middle of the night, we would
    > prefer to have Backup Exec simply fail a job when it finds an empty tape
    > drive or invalid media rather than sending emails to the admin alert account
    > every 15 minutes all night. Cannot find a way to set this up however. Any
    > suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread