Backup Exec Agents options are grayed out - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec Agents options are grayed out - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I just upgraded to the latest version of Backup Exec on my Win2k Server. I also installed the remote agents on 3 other machines. During installation, Veritas told me that the agents were installed correctly, yet from then on ...

  1. Backup Exec Agents options are grayed out

    Hello, I just upgraded to the latest version of Backup Exec on my Win2k Server.
    I also installed the remote agents on 3 other machines. During installation,
    Veritas told me that the agents were installed correctly, yet from then on
    in, I cannot highlight the boxes for Backup Exec Agents.

    If the agents were installed correctly, why cant I select them from the backup
    selections window? It is critical that we are able to backup these 3 other
    servers, and any help you can offer me is greatly appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Ben Saren
    ben@atomicusa.com

  2. Re: Backup Exec Agents options are grayed out

    On 14 Jun 2001 17:49:08 -0400, "Ben" wrote:

    >If the agents were installed correctly, why cant I select them from the backup
    >selections window? It is critical that we are able to backup these 3 other
    >servers, and any help you can offer me is greatly appreciated!

    Are you selecting the servere in the network section ?

    The agents in the selection menu is Oracle/*nix/Mac/9x not servere
    they are in the network thingy

  3. Re: Backup Exec Agents options are grayed out

    ensure the serial numbers are listed in teh help about menu and go to th
    eremote ervers uninstall the agents then with the CD browse to
    utilities/ntaa/setupaa.cmd double click this and this will bring up a
    command prompt window it will disappear it should work now. Other wise stop
    services rename the bewinui.uni to .old retart the services.

    Louise
    "Flemming Riis" wrote in message
    > On 14 Jun 2001 17:49:08 -0400, "Ben" wrote:
    >

    > >If the agents were installed correctly, why cant I select them from the

    backup
    > >selections window? It is critical that we are able to backup these 3

    other
    > >servers, and any help you can offer me is greatly appreciated!

    > Are you selecting the servere in the network section ?
    >
    > The agents in the selection menu is Oracle/*nix/Mac/9x not servere
    > they are in the network thingy

  4. Re: Backup Exec Agents options are grayed out

    Hi Ben,

    in that box you can only see Unix/Mac/95 agents, not the standard Win 2000
    remote ones.

    Mark

    "Ben" wrote in message news:3b293154$1@hronntp01....

    > Hello, I just upgraded to the latest version of Backup Exec on my Win2k

    Server.
    > I also installed the remote agents on 3 other machines. During

    installation,
    > Veritas told me that the agents were installed correctly, yet from then on
    > in, I cannot highlight the boxes for Backup Exec Agents.
    >
    > If the agents were installed correctly, why cant I select them from the

    backup
    > selections window? It is critical that we are able to backup these 3 other
    > servers, and any help you can offer me is greatly appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ben Saren
    > ben@atomicusa.com

+ Reply to Thread