Urgent- Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed [SQL SP3] - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Urgent- Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed [SQL SP3] - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all, I've recently installed Service Pack 3 for SQL Server on our NT Server 4.0 which has BE 7.2 installed. Before the SP3 install everything Worked fine. After reboot I got the following error message: Error 1068: The dependency ...

  1. Urgent- Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed [SQL SP3]

    Hi all,
    I've recently installed Service Pack 3 for SQL Server on our NT Server 4.0
    which has BE 7.2 installed. Before the SP3 install everything
    Worked fine. After reboot I got the following error message:

    Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

    Anyone run into this problem?

    Dinesh

  2. Re: Urgent- Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed [SQL SP3]

    what services are failing to start?

    "Dinesh" wrote in message news:3b28a36c$1@hronntp01....

    > Hi all,
    > I've recently installed Service Pack 3 for SQL Server on our NT Server 4.0
    > which has BE 7.2 installed. Before the SP3 install everything
    > Worked fine. After reboot I got the following error message:
    >
    > Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start
    >
    > Anyone run into this problem?
    >
    > Dinesh

  3. Re: Urgent- Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed [SQL SP3]

    The Backup Exec 7.x Agent Browser service depends on the Backup Exec 7.x Job
    Engine service which failed to start because of the following error:

    "Ricardo Pistarino" wrote:
    >what services are failing to start?
    >
    >"Dinesh" wrote in message news:3b28a36c$1@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> Hi all,
    >> I've recently installed Service Pack 3 for SQL Server on our NT Server

    4.0
    >> which has BE 7.2 installed. Before the SP3 install everything
    >> Worked fine. After reboot I got the following error message:
    >>
    >> Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start
    >>
    >> Anyone run into this problem?
    >>
    >> Dinesh

  4. Re: Urgent- Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed [SQL SP3]

    Ok, but, there must be another service that didn't start (causing be7x job
    engine fail to start).

    > >> Hi all,
    > >> I've recently installed Service Pack 3 for SQL Server on our NT Server

    > 4.0
    > >> which has BE 7.2 installed. Before the SP3 install everything
    > >> Worked fine. After reboot I got the following error message:
    > >>
    > >> Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start
    > >>
    > >> Anyone run into this problem?
    > >>
    > >> Dinesh

  5. Re: Urgent- Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed [SQL SP3]

    1- The Backup Exec 7.x Agent Browser service depends on the Backup Exec 7.x
    Job Engine service which failed to start because of the following error:

    The dependency service or group failed to start.

    2- The Backup Exec 7.x Job Engine service depends on2 the Backup Exec 7.x
    Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
    After starting, the service hung in a start-pending state.

    3- The Backup Exec 7.x Server service hung on starting.

    "Ricardo Pistarino" wrote:
    >Ok, but, there must be another service that didn't start (causing be7x job
    >engine fail to start).
    >
    >"Dinesh" wrote in message news:3b28c5cc$1@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> The Backup Exec 7.x Agent Browser service depends on the Backup Exec 7.x

    >Job
    >> Engine service which failed to start because of the following error:
    >> The dependency service or group failed to start.
    >>

    >> "Ricardo Pistarino" wrote:
    >> >what services are failing to start?
    >> >
    >> >"Dinesh" wrote in message

    >> 4.0

  6. Re: Urgent- Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed [SQL SP3]

    On 14 Jun 2001 07:43:40 -0400, "Dinesh" wrote:

    >Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start
    >
    >Anyone run into this problem?

    Its a very comon BE issue

    Download and install mdac2.6 and jet4.0sp3 from www.microsoft.com/data

    The readme states issues with cluster so beware if you run a cluster
    solution.

+ Reply to Thread