I'm using Veritas Backup Exec 8.0 with the Exchange Agent. Until about a
week ago, I was getting my DS IS and Mailboxes backed up. I'm ready to get
away from the Brick level backups, but I have now noticed that I get the
Error:

Unable to attach to \\ckg-mail01\Exchange Information Store. Access is
denied

I can't seem to correct this. The Backup account has full rights to the
drives/directories and the Administrator has Ownership of the
drives/directories. The account has full permissions to the Information
store as far as I can see. The DS still backs up fine, as do all the
mailboxes.

Any Help would be appreciated

Thanks
Steve